Become a Franchisee
How Do I Become a Nathan’s Franchisee?
- It all starts by completing the application and returning it to:
Nathan’s Famous, Inc.
One Jericho Plaza
Second Floor - Wing A
Jericho, New York 11753
Attn: Randy Watts, CFE, V.P. Franchise Operations
- We will review your application and if it’s accepted, we will contact you to set up a personal interview at our Corporate Office.
- At your interview we will present you with a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which is a federally-mandated disclosure document. The document discloses all aspects of the Nathan’s Famous financial status and your franchise opportunity. You will also have the opportunity to ask us any questions and gain more information.
- Once you’re approved, you select your site!
Site Selection & Development Process
- While Nathan’s Famous does not maintain a file of active real estate opportunities, we will support and guide you through the site selection process.
- When you have identified a potential site(s), Nathan’s will visit the site with you and obtain information regarding the potential site to be presented to the Nathan’s Site Approval Committee.
- After formal approval of the site by Nathan’s Famous, you will negotiate a lease. Nathan’s will help guide and support you in this process.
- After the lease is signed, you will be asked to come to the Nathan’s Corporate Office to sign the Franchise Agreement, pay the franchise fee and attend an orientation. The orientation is designed so that you meet with all members of the different departments you will come in contact with during the development process and going forward. You will receive a development handbook, which will outline each step of the development process.
- You will need to hire an architect, who will provide us with “as-built” drawings of the location.
- Nathan’s Architecture Department will then review and return to your architect a set of schematic drawings, cut sheets for all necessary furniture, fixtures and equipment, elevation drawings and signage criteria specifications.
- After your architect completes drawings necessary to obtain building permits and construction bids, Nathan’s will review and provide final approval. If you choose, Nathan’s will review construction bids.
- Nathan’s will provide management training on Long Island, NY during the development process. A Franchise Business Consultant will help train your crew, set up your restaurant and support you during the restaurant opening.
Get Your Nathan's Franchise Today To get started now click here
For more information contact:
Nathan's Franchising Division
or call us at 1-800-NATHANS ext. 205